Developments and Programmes
Different initiatives and programmes aim to support people in housing need. These include the Regional housing development and our large-scale housing projects.
Kāinga Ora and the Department of Corrections are strengthening their existing building partnership even further by agreeing to build up to 100 new homes over the next five years.
Kāinga Ora is making more efficient use of its land to increase the pace and scale of housing supply, particularly in Auckland where the need is greatest.
Kāinga Ora's repair, renovate and new construction work continues across a wide variety of suburbs, North, South, East and West of the city centre, to achieve our objective of warm, dry safe homes for those people most in need.
Kāinga Ora is renewing a big chunk of our aging housing stock to build modern, warm and dry homes for people in need of housing in the Wellington region.
The Regional Housing Programme makes the most efficient use of our land to build hundreds of new warm and dry homes, to meet the demand for more social housing across New Zealand.
Over the next 10 years, Kāinga Ora will be leading development projects in a number of Auckland suburbs.
KiwiBuild gives more New Zealanders the opportunity to buy their own home.
- Is Auckland’s best model for growth right in front of our eyes?
- Piritahi One Year On
- Creating a sense of place for Mt Roskill community
- Putting sustainability at the core of our new communities
- Putting community at the centre of urban development
- Downsizing the Kiwi Dream: How good design compensates for less space
- How Innovative Urban Design is Safeguarding Water Quality at Hobsonville Point
- Northcote Greenway: Weaving the strands of community together
- How events build a sense of community at Hobsonville Point
- Innovative design philosophy guides HLC’s housing developments
- Hobsonville Point community floats weekend ferry trial
- Study shows higher density at Hobsonville Point enhances liveability
- Quick build innovation trialled at Hobsonville Point
- Auckland's surprising about-face on density
- Hobsonville Point homes first in planned ‘evolution’ of New Zealand’s residential rental market
- Modular housing: An innovative solution to New Zealand’s housing problem
- Embracing higher density housing is a positive sign that Auckland is growing up