Developments and Programmes
Different initiatives and programmes aim to support people in housing need. These include the Regional housing development and our large-scale housing projects.
Kāinga Ora has a range of housing initiatives and programmes underway to boost the supply of new housing for Kiwis. These include housing projects of different sizes and types in New Zealand’s main centres and across the country.
We partner with communities to understand how best to meet urban development, renewal and housing needs, and inform residents and stakeholders at every stage of our development plans.
Kāinga Ora has a range of small, medium and large-scale redevelopment projects underway which will deliver different styles of housing to meet contemporary demographic demand.
Kāinga Ora is transforming its construction activities to be more efficient, productive and sustainable.
KiwiBuild gives more New Zealanders the opportunity to buy their own home.
- Is Auckland’s best model for growth right in front of our eyes?
- Putting sustainability at the core of our new communities
- Piritahi One Year On
- Creating a sense of place for Mt Roskill community
- Putting community at the centre of urban development
- Downsizing the Kiwi Dream: How good design compensates for less space
- How Innovative Urban Design is Safeguarding Water Quality at Hobsonville Point
- Northcote Greenway: Weaving the strands of community together
- How events build a sense of community at Hobsonville Point
- Innovative design philosophy guides HLC’s housing developments
- Hobsonville Point community floats weekend ferry trial
- Study shows higher density at Hobsonville Point enhances liveability
- Quick build innovation trialled at Hobsonville Point
- Auckland's surprising about-face on density
- Hobsonville Point homes first in planned ‘evolution’ of New Zealand’s residential rental market
- Modular housing: An innovative solution to New Zealand’s housing problem
- Embracing higher density housing is a positive sign that Auckland is growing up