Check your account, rent balances, maintenance requests and so much more online using MyKāingaOra – our app just for tenants, - very much like MyMSD and MyIR.
If you’re a tenant, MyKāingaOra makes your tenancy information available online, any time, from the comfort of your home and without having to call us.
It can be accessed
- from a mobile phone or laptop
- at little or no cost through our Sponsored Data if you are with Spark, One (formerly Vodafone), 2Degrees, Skinny or Warehouse mobile networks
MyKāingaOra is also available to view in four additional languages:
- Te Reo Maori
- Simplified Chinese
To change to a different language, click the 'Languages' dropdown in the top right-hand corner of your home screen, and select your choice.
You can now register online
Current tenants can sign up for MyKāingaOra online. All you need is your customer reference number, and to make sure your email address or mobile number is registered with Kāinga Ora.
You can also contact our Customer Support Centre on 0800 801 601 to help you set up.
What can you do
Once you have registered for MyKāingaOra, you will have access to a variety of helpful functions. You can:
- See your rent account balance and history
- View your current rent balance and next review date
- Create an arrangement for rent or maintenance debt
- Create and view general (non-urgent) maintenance jobs
- Add a photo to a maintenance job request
- Know who your Housing Support Manager is and see all upcoming appointments (like annual inspections)
- Check and update your Profile information (e.g. mobile number, email address)
- Access Wellbeing services, like Healthline (1737), Police 105 service
- View and download some of your letters online
- Add/edit bank account details
- Add/delete your consented parties
- Find information about keeping healthy in your home, and tips to fix small issues.
Page updated: 4 July 2023