If you plan to advocate on behalf of a Kāinga Ora tenant, you will need their permission before we can discuss their situation with you.

Advice for advocates

Permission can be given by the customer:

  • over the phone for example to a housing advisor at the Customer Services Centre. This is the fastest way to get permission and is the best channel to use for both routine and urgent enquiries.

  • in person, for example if you are attending a scheduled meeting with an applicant or tenant

  • in writing, for example if you need to talk to us at a time when the customer cannot be available. This is best suited to non-routine, non-urgent enquiries. Ask the customer to complete and sign this appointment of an agent/representative [PDF, 257 KB] form, which can then be scanned and emailed with details of the query to enquiries1@kaingaora.govt.nz. We'll aim to respond within two working days. 

Page updated: 4 July 2023