Kāinga Ora proactively releases Cabinet papers, advice to ministers and other documents used to assist the Government. Some documents may contain redacted information made in accordance with the Official Information Act 1982 and the Privacy Act 2020.
The Quarterly report summarises key areas of performance and activity for Kāinga Ora and highlights our progress towards delivering the commitments set out in our Statement of Performance Expectations (SPE) and Public Housing commitments. It also outlines some of our key achievements, challenges, risks, upcoming milestones and provides an overview of our external operating environment.
- Quarterly Report for 3 months ending 31 December 2022 [PDF, 2.7 MB]
- Quarterly Report for 3 months ending 30 September 2022 [PDF, 2 MB]
- Quarterly Report for 3 months ending 31 March 2022 [PDF, 3.3 MB]
- Quarterly Report for 3 months ending 31 December 2021 [PDF, 2.8 MB]
- Quarterly Report for 3 months ending 30 September 2021 [PDF, 1.9 MB] [PDF, 1.9 MB]
- Quarterly Report for 3 months ending 31 March 2021 [PDF, 4.1 MB]
- Quarterly Report for 3 months ending 31 December 2020 [PDF, 2.6 MB]
- Quarterly Report for 3 months ending 30 September 2020 [PDF, 3.8 MB]
Impact of COVID-19 and financial sustainability of Kāinga Ora
COVID-19 and its ongoing effects are impacting the construction sector and house building nationwide. Kāinga Ora, like the private sector, is not immune to these pressures. Advice on how we are responding to these headwinds has been provided in a series of papers (ad hocs) and briefing notes to the Minister of Housing.
An overview and Q&As [PDF, 812 KB] about the papers is available. As this provides important context, it’s recommended this material is read before studying the papers below.
Briefings to the Minister
- 17 June 2022 – Update on Kāinga Ora Financial Sustainability [PDF, 3.7 MB]
- 5 April 2022 – Update on key Kāinga Ora Delivery Commitments [PDF, 1.9 MB]
- 2 December 2021 – COVID-19 Response - Delivering Kāinga Ora Housing Supply Commitments [PDF, 1.7 MB]
- 14 October 2021 – Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities - Estimated Impact of COVID-19 [PDF, 1.8 MB]
- 14 September 2021 – Impact of the COVID-19 Level 4 Lockdown on Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities [PDF, 861 KB]
These documents do not necessarily reflect the current status of the content. Where necessary, redactions have been made in accordance with the Official Information Act 1982 and the Privacy Act 2020.
Where information has been withheld, no public interest has been identified that would outweigh the reason for withholding it. The relevant OIA grounds that apply to these documents primarily include, but are not limited to:
- Section 9(2)(a) to protect the privacy of natural persons
- Section 9(2)(f)(iv) to protect the confidentiality of advice tendered by Minister’s if the Crown and officials
- Section 9(2)(g)(i) to maintain the effective conduct of public affairs through the free and frank expression of opinion
- Section 9(2)(h) to maintain legal professional privilege
Proposed offsite manufacturing (OSM) supply programme - Minister release [PDF, 1.4 MB] and Minute of Decision [PDF, 726 KB]
Page updated: 3 May 2023