Before you can advocate on behalf of a Kāinga Ora customer, you will need their permission before we can discuss their case with you.

Advice for advocates

Tenant permission can be given by the customer:

  • over the phone for example to a housing advisor at the Customer Services Centre – this is by far the fastest way to raise and get a response to/progress a query and is the best channel to use for both routine and urgent enquiries.

  • in person for example if you are attending a scheduled meeting with an applicant or tenant

  • in writing for example if you need to talk to us at a time when the customer cannot be available. This channel is best suited to non-routine, non-urgent enquiries. Ask the customer to complete and sign this appointment of an agent/representative [PDF, 257 KB] form which can then be scanned and emailed with details of the query to Note that we aim to respond to incoming queries through this channel within 2 working days. 

Page updated: 22 February 2021