Provide Feedback or a Complaint
If you have a complaint you’d like us to sort out, a suggestion you’d like to make, or a story you’d like to share about a job well done, we want to hear from you.
Our complaints process
We want all our Kāinga Ora homes and communities to be safe and peaceful places to live, and therefore take complaints very seriously.
If you’re not happy with something, please let us know. There are a number of different ways you can contact us and we aim to respond to your complaint within two working days.
What you can do to help
See if another party can help sort things out before you contact Kāinga Ora, for example
- If you think someone is in physical danger, call police immediately on 111
- If it’s noise related - you should need to call the noise control office at your local Council
- If it’s about illegal activity - report it to the police
- If you have problems with dogs, call Animal Control at your local Council or if you are concerned about a pet’s animal welfare or an abandoned pet, contact the nearest SPCA.
You can still contact us and let us know you’ve connected with other authorities so we are aware of the problem. If you’re unsure if what you have to say relates to Kāinga Ora or not, give us a call and someone will help you.
When you contact us, it's important to have your all your information ready – we’ll want to know things like:
- Do you have a specific complaint or more general feedback
- The nature of the problem you are experiencing as it relates to Kāinga Ora
- Your name, address and contact details for any follow up
- The address of any particular Kāinga Ora home if there is one in question
- Any other relevant information you think may help us sort out the problem.
We will respond to your first complaint within 2 working days. If you are posting a letter, a response may take more time and it will be quicker to talk to us or use our online form. See our Contact us page for all our contact options.
By working together we can help more people live well in their homes.
Reporting staff, tenant or contractor wrongdoing
At Kāinga Ora we are committed to living by our values and standards of integrity and conduct. We know that there may be times when these are compromised, or situations occur that cause harm or distress to others and these need to be dealt with appropriately i.e. subletting our houses, financial products misuse, fraud, corruption, dishonesty, conflicts of interest
You can report any suspected wrongdoings by our staff, tenants or contractors by
- calling: 0800 8355 469 – 24 hours, 7 days a week or
- emailing: email@example.com
Page updated: 13 April 2022