Keeping our Pacific communities updated on COVID-19
26 March 2020
Talofa lava | Kia orana | Tēnā koutou katoa
During this time it’s really important all whānau are kept up to date with information about the COVID-19 outbreak and the rules around the current national lockdown.
The Ministry for Pacific Peoples has been working to engage Pacific Aotearoa, the Pacific communities across the nation through a number of ways.
It has already delivered – through its Facebook page - MPP Facebook(external link) - public service announcements for Alert Level 3 and Alert Level 4 in 9 Pacific languages.
Over the next few days TV1 will be airing the Level 4 Public Service Announcements in their 9 languages, engaging with Pacific Aotearoa in a way that has not been seen in Aotearoa New Zealand before.
Those announcements will be on:
- TV1 Friday March 27 at 4.30pm (key messages from Pacific clinicians in all 9 Pacific languages)
- TV1 this Saturday, March 28 at 9am where there will be a one-hur special on the Tagata Pasifika programme
- TV1 this Sunday, March 29 at 7.35am
Below are links to MPP website and social media that show the different ways it has worked to engage and active Pacific Aotearoa. There is
- MPP Facebook(external link)
- MPP Instagram(external link)
- LinkedIn(external link)
- YouTube(external link) channel.
The MPP website(external link) also provides key messages translated into Pacific languages.
Kāinga Ora is proud to support these initatives as we continue to support and inform our communities across Aotearoa.
Fa’afetai tele lava | Meitaki ma’ata | Ngā mihi nui
Page updated: 26 March 2020