He Toa Takitini – our Partnership and Engagement Framework
Under the Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities Act 2019 we have been given the mandate to do things differently – working alongside others for better shared outcomes, asking people to come into our decision making, and doing things with people, not ‘to them’.
We have created a He Toa Takitini, our Partnership and Engagement Framework that expresses our commitment to our partners and stakeholders. It provides the core principles and a common language across the many functions of Kāinga Ora that lets everyone know that inclusivity and participation are not just important, but critical in us delivering on the outcomes that New Zealanders need and deserve.
Kāinga Ora will aim to ensure:
- Our customers and stakeholders’ views are understood and considered when developing housing and urban development policies, proposals and plans
- Our relationships with Māori are reflective of the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Our relationships are strengthened and enhanced between Kāinga Ora and Māori, communities, customers and stakeholders by ensuring they are informed about, participate in and have their say on, matters that are important to them
- We build enduring partnerships based on trust, respect and reciprocity
- We close the ‘feedback loop’ by communicating regularly so that people know when and how their input has been considered and how it has influenced decisions.
We acknowledge that no community is alike, no iwi has identical aspirations and there are often multiple and competing interests and values. However, we recognise that deep, enduring relationships are central to our business and He Toa Takitini will help us navigate this.
If you have any questions about this document please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Page updated: 20 April 2021