Community engagement and resources
- Letter to neighbours [PDF, 304 KB] - July 2023
- Factsheet [PDF, 1.6 MB] - May 2023
- Update factsheet [PDF, 3.1 MB] - November 2022
- Letter to neighbours [PDF, 68 KB] - August 2022
Homes moving to their new sites - July 2023
Four new homes made their way to sites in Trentham, Upper Hutt in preparation for whānau to move in.
Three of the homes are built by Whitireia and WelTec | Te Pūkenga carpentry students for Kāinga Ora. Our partnerships with trades academies across the country not only means whānau in need have a warm and dry place to call home, but students are able to gain real world skills and improve the lives of those in their communities.
The fourth home is being relocated as part of our waste minimisation programme. This sustainability initiative prioritises house relocation over demolition, helping give our suitable older homes a new lease on life. After being retrofitted, this three-bedroom whare will be ready for customers to enjoy.
A big thank you to Rhys Finlay Contractors and Britton Housemovers Ltd, and to Heretaunga College, who let us take a quick shortcut through their school grounds.
For more information
See more of what is planned for the Wellington region or if you have any questions contact:.
Upper Hutt, Wairarapa, Johnsonville, Ngaio, Wellington central and Eastern suburbs
- Contact Caroline Speight, Stakeholder Relationship Manager, by email or freephone 0800 801 601 and ask to be transferred.
Lower Hutt including Stokes Valley and Wainuiomata
- Contact Jo Burleigh, Senior Stakeholder Relationship Manager, by email or freephone 0800 801 601 and ask to be transferred.
Kapiti Coast, Porirua, Mount Cook, Newtown, Rolleston and Berhampore
- Contact Josh Clark, Senior Stakeholder Relationship Manager, by email or freephone 0800 801 601 and ask to be transferred.
Page updated: 13 February 2023