To deliver more warm and dry homes in areas of high demand, Kāinga Ora is replacing older state houses with a greater number of new and modern homes, and partnering with developers and others to build on new land.
There is a significant housing shortage and urgent need for housing in the Marlborough region. There is also a shortage of land that can be developed and planning limitations.
Our early plans suggest we could deliver more than 140 new homes across the region in the next few years, focusing on the suburbs of Central Blenheim, Mayfield, Redwoodtown and Riversdale.
View our interactive map(external link) for more information about the homes we're planning for the Marlborough region.
Upcoming drop-in sessions
We are holding two community drop-in sessions [PDF, 532 KB] in Blenheim where you can find out more about the new developments planned, and what this means for you. We would love to hear your thoughts and ideas around how we can better support your community.
The times for these sessions are below:
- Monday 2 October 2023 – 2.30pm – 5.30pm - Marlborough District Libraries, 15 High Street, Blenheim
- Tuesday 3 October 2023 - 10.00am – 12.30pm - Marlborough District Libraries, 15 High Street, Blenheim
We will have staff available to talk about:
- How sites are identified for new housing.
- Our design, planning and construction processes.
- How we place people into homes and manage our housing.
- How we support customers to live well in their homes and community.
For more information
- Download our Housing opportunities for Marlborough [PDF, 4.4 MB] - September 2023
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or freephone 0800 801 601 and ask to be transferred.
Page updated: 22 September 2023