Community engagement and resources
Rotorua’s largest public housing development has been completed, with 42 homes delivered in mid-2023 at the 4.6 hectare subdivision at 85 Quartz Avenue, Pukehangi. This includes five homes on the corner of Quartz Avenue and Homedale Street, where former Kāinga Ora sites have been redeveloped.
These single storey, two, three and four-bedroom homes will help meet the high demand for state housing in Rotorua, and provide whānau in need of housing with a place to call home.
These homes were built off-site and delivered to the site from late 2022 to early 2023. They were then connected to services, and had decks, porches, fencing and parking areas built.
Kāinga Ora will work with the community to develop the shared green space. An area of land near the entrance is stormwater reserve and will remain as an open and maintained grass area.
Other housing options are being explored for the remaining sites.
- 42 new much needed whare for Rotorua whānau - media story - 4 August 2023
- Offsite manufacturing delivers 42 homes in Rotorua(external link) – Hon Dr Megan Woods release - 4 August 2023
- Letter to neighbours [PDF, 126 KB] - 26 October 2022
- Letter to neighbours [PDF, 234 KB] - October 2022
- Posters from community drop-in session [PDF, 1.5 MB] - 2 December 2021
- November 2021 factsheet [PDF, 1.4 MB]
- Aerial view [PNG, 3.1 MB]
- Proposed site plan [JPG, 181 KB]
- Home materials and colour specs [JPG, 557 KB]
- Offsite manufacturing (OSM) housing construction
Page updated: 28 October 2022