Evans Bay Parade
1 / 7
2 / 7
3 / 7
4 / 7
5 / 7
6 / 7
7 / 7
Location:Evans Bay Parade, Kilbirnie, Wellington, Wellington
Land area:4,995 sqm
Type:Apartments and duplex homes
Total new homes:80
Rooms:36 one-bedroom, 40 two-bedroom and 4 four-bedroom
Status:Estimated completion second half 2025
Community engagement and resources
We are planning to build 80 new homes at 619-631 Evans Bay Parade:
- In July 2021 we shared our initial plans to build 60 homes in three and four-storey buildings, and received feedback from the community and stakeholders.
- Considering the positive feedback received and the high demand in Wellington for more warm, dry and modern homes, we have increased the number of homes planned to be built from 60 to 80.
- There would be 36 one-bedroom and 40 two-bedroom apartments and 4 four-bedroom townhouses.
- There will be 2, four-storey and 2, five-storey apartment blocks. Connecting each block will be a two storey building with a ground floor community space and 4 one bed apartments above. There will also be lifts available in each block to ensure each apartment remains accessible.
- The apartments would be most suited to older people, those with mobility needs, couples and small families.
- All 80 homes will be fully insulated with double glazing, carpets and curtains.
- 30 parking spaces will be provided, including accessible parking.
- There will also be a shared lawn area, outdoor seating, gardens retaining a number of existing large trees, and a BBQ area.
- There will be a communal laundry room and washing lines.
- The new homes will replace 20 three-bedroom homes built in the 1950s, and were not up to new warm and healthy homes standards.
- Decision Report for Change of Conditions (Section 127 RMA) SR 527056 [PDF, 340 KB] - February 2023
- Resource consent approved plans [PDF, 17 MB] - December 2022
- Factsheet delivered to neighbours [PDF, 501 KB] - June 2022
- Site plan [PNG, 3 MB] - May 2022
- Transportation assessment report [PDF, 16 MB] - September 2021
- engagement summary [PDF, 757 KB] - June 2021
- drop-in session posters [PDF, 19 MB] - 25 March 2021
- factsheet [PDF, 428 KB] delivered to neighbours and residents in the area - March 2021
- factsheet [PDF, 382 KB] delivered to neighbours and residents in the area - July 2020
- drop-in session posters [PDF, 13 MB] - 23 & 30 July
If you have any questions or would like to know more about what is planned for your area.
Upper Hutt, Wairarapa, Johnsonville, Ngaio, Wellington central, Rolleston and Eastern suburbs
- Contact Caroline Speight, Stakeholder Relationship Manager, by email or freephone 0800 801 601 and ask to be transferred.
Lower Hutt including Stokes Valley and Wainuiomata
- Contact Jo Burleigh, Senior Stakeholder Relationship Manager, by email or freephone 0800 801 601 and ask to be transferred.
Kapiti Coast, Porirua, Mount Cook, Newtown and Berhampore
- Contact Josh Clark, Senior Stakeholder Relationship Manager, by email or freephone 0800 801 601 and ask to be transferred.
Page updated: 9 May 2022