Location:Ross Crescent, Fairfield, Hamilton, Waikato
Land area:3,591 sqm
Type:Duplex, stand-alone and a 3-storey walk-up
Total new homes:16
Rooms:8 two-bedroom, 6 three-bedroom and 2 four-bedrooms
Status:Estimated completion second half 2023
Community engagement and resources
To help meet the strong demand for public housing, we are redeveloping our land at 14-30 Ross Crescent, Fairfield, Hamilton.
We are making better use of our land by building 16 new, warm and healthy two and three-storey homes and apartments. These will replace three existing older homes on large sections which are next to each other.
Combining the three sites provides an opportunity to build a greater number of much needed homes and apartments, which will be similar in height to some others in the area.
- Replacing three existing 1950s homes on three large adjoining sections, with 16 new warm, dry and modern two-storey homes and a three-storey apartment building:
- 6 two-bedroom apartments
- 10 two-storey homes ranging in size from 2-4 bedrooms
- 3 of these homes will be accessible
- The homes and apartments will be similar in height to properties in the area
- Gardens, shared landscaped green spaces and children’s play area
- Planting of specimen trees and native plants
- All homes will be low maintenance, fully insulated and with double glazing, carpets and curtains
- Internal road and 26 off-street parks for the 16 homes
- The homes will be for a range of people, including small and larger families
Resource consent was received from Hamilton City Council in January 2022. Detailed design is underway and on site work is expected to start in mid-2022, with completion in late 2023.
Thanks to those who came to our community drop-in session on 13 May 2021, and who have provided feedback
- Drop-in session posters, 13 May 2021 [PDF, 2.4 MB]
- Early May 2021 factsheet [PDF, 218 KB] delivered to stakeholders, neighbours and residents in the area
For any questions, to provide feedback, or to sign up to our database to be kept up to date with this development, please email Waikato.Region@kaingaora.govt.nz.
Page updated: 20 February 2023