Gladstone Road and Mill Road
Location:Gladstone Road and Mill Road, Te Hapara, Gisborne, East Cape
Land area:5,118 sqm
Type:Walk-up, duplex and stand-alone homes
Total new homes:21
Rooms:11 two-bedroom, 6 three-bedroom, 3 four-bedroom and 1 six-bedroom
Status:Estimated construction starting second half 2022
Community engagement and resources
To help meet the high demand for housing in Gisborne, Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities is looking at building 21 new homes on the vacant Crown-owned land in Gladstone and Mills Road.
- New homes for Te Hapara consented - media story
- Resource consent granted letter to neighbours [PDF, 456 KB]
- Watch a render flyover of the development(external link)
Following our ten-week engagement period, we have reviewed the feedback and updated the proposed plans for the development that will be submitted to Gisborne District Council for resource consent.
For more information please see the fact sheet and engagement summary:
We’re looking at building new, modern homes on Gladstone Road and Mill Road and better use our land. We are proposing the construction of 22 new homes and we want to know what you think.
To give us your feedback, go to www.surveymonkey.com/r/gladstonedev(external link) or you can find us at the following locations to find out more and have your say:
- Library Pop-Up - Thursday 10 December, 9.30am-11am
- Library Pop-Up - Friday 11 December, 3pm-4.30pm
- Kelvin Park Pop-Up – Saturday 12 December 9.30am -11.30am
Page updated: 25 January 2022