Location:Quartz Avenue, Pukehangi, Rotorua, Bay Of Plenty
Land area:4.6 hectare
Total new homes:42 for stage one
Rooms:18 two-bedroom, 16 three-bedroom and 8 four-bedroom
Status:First homes estimated completion from early 2023
To help meet the high demand for housing in Rotorua, around 60 new homes are proposed for a 4.6 hectare subdivision at 85 Collie Drive, Pukehangi.
We are also redeveloping three existing Kāinga Ora sites on the corner of Quartz Avenue and Homedale Street, with five new homes planned for this whenua.
These modern, warm and dry houses will help provide Rotorua whānau in need of housing with a place to call home.
- Around 60 homes for the build ready subdivision, to be delivered in two stages
- Stage 1:
- 42 single storey, mixed two, three and four bedroom homes
- 14 of these meet universal design standards
- All homes would be fully insulated, with double glazing, carpets and curtains
- Each home would have a deck and an easy to maintain and fenced private section with garden area
- To speed up the delivery of these homes, they will be manufactured off site
- Shared green space and landscaping
- Internal loop road and allocated off-street parking for each home
- An area of the land near the subdivision entrance is stormwater reserve, and will remain as an open and maintained grass area.
- We are exploring options for the approx. 25 homes for the second stage of the development.
The first new homes are planned to be delivered to the site from early November 2022. These have been built off-site and will be delivered by truck in stages from November through until early 2023.
Once on site they will then be connected to services and have decks and porches built.
- Thanks to everyone who came along to our drop-in session on 2 December 2021 at Aorangi School Hall, shared their views, asked questions and met the team.
- Letter to neighbours [PDF, 126 KB] - 26 October 2022
- Letter to neighbours [PDF, 234 KB] - October 2022
- Posters from community drop-in session [PDF, 1.5 MB] - 2 December 2021
- November 2021 factsheet [PDF, 1.4 MB]
- Aerial view [PNG, 3.1 MB]
- Proposed site plan [JPG, 181 KB]
- Home materials and colour specs [JPG, 557 KB]
- Offsite manufacturing (OSM) housing construction
Page updated: 28 October 2022