We have been working closely with key government agencies including health and social development, non-for-profit and international experts in supportive, inner-city housing. We have also been listening to the experiences of our tenants and neighbours.
Keeping everyone informed
We are committed to keeping everyone informed as our plans progress. We will host neighbourhood drop-in sessions at each milestone, collaborate with our customers and send regular communications directly to the community.
We will provide updates on our key milestones below to keep the public informed.
- Construction has commenced at the site.
- Kāinga Ora has released a “social procurement” document outlining the wider social, cultural and economic benefits of this project
Download the document [PDF, 479 KB]
- Kāinga Ora announced Icon as its build partner for the innovative 276-apartment complex at 139 Greys Avenue in Central Auckland. Construction will start in December and is expected to take just over two years
- Media release - Icon to deliver groundbreaking Kāinga Ora complex in central Auckland
- The London Plane trees are being trimmed outside 139 Greys Ave by an approved Auckland Council arborist
- Piling begins on-site
- Media release - Goodbye old, Hello new
- Auckland Council have issued the early work consent for civil works to start and Earthco have begun the enabling works on-site
- Solid hoardings have been installed along 139 Greys Ave to ensure the safety for the community
- As part of Kāinga Ora’s response to the Government’s announcement of a national lockdown due to COVID-19, construction of new state houses in your community have been suspended from midnight Wednesday 25 March for a period of four weeks.
- Civil works start in March 2020
- Media release - 139 Greys Ave blessed with a karakia before site works begin
- Demolition of 139 Greys Ave is now complete
- Factsheet January 2020 [PDF, 269 KB]
- Demolition of 139 Greys Ave is about to move into the next phase, hard demolition. This is where the building structure will start being removed and early next year, the site will be at ground level
- Resourse consent to build 276 apartments at 139 Greys Ave was approved by Auckland Council in August 2019
- Demolition of 139 Greys Ave, central Auckland will soon start. The first step in the process will see the asbestos safely removed from the building. Hard demolition will start later this year
Page updated: 29 June 2021