Mount Cook, Wellington
To help meet the need for housing for people in Wellington, we’re building around 380 homes in inner city Mount Cook, Wellington at Arlington Street and Rolleston Street.
We’re building homes which will be:
- warm, dry and modern medium density housing
- a mix of public, supported housing and affordable homes for a range of people
- a mix of sizes, from studios through to five-bedroom family homes.
We’re helping create communities:
- these redevelopments will include community centres, parks, play areas, gardens and landscaping
- we’re working with others to help grow a supported and connected wider community in central Wellington.
Arlington — key features
- 301 homes
- 152 one-bedroom
- 105 two-bedroom
- 34 three-bedroom
- 8 four-bedroom
- 2 five-bedroom
- Includes 40 supported housing homes
- All public housing
- Community centre, parks, play areas, office space, community gardens
- A staged completion between 2023-2025
Find more information about the Arlington development
If you have any questions or feedback on the development, and to register for updates, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or for:
- Arlington contact Jo Burleigh, Senior Stakeholder Relationship Manager, phone 0800 801 601 (asked to be transferred)
- Rolleston contact Caroline Speight, Stakeholder Relationship Manger, phone 0800 801 601 (ask to be transferred)
Mount Cook Community Reference Group
This is a forum for community feedback and involvement, alongside updates from Kāinga Ora and its contractors as new homes are built at Rolleston and Arlington.